View full size image
Handknotted Rug Coaster
Rug Size: 0' 5" x 0' 5"
Price: $19.95 CAD
Ready to purchase?
Add to the cart,
then submit your request.
Coasters are offered in two rug types, Bokhara and Chobi Tribal. They are created with the same materials, knot count and design details as the area size rugs.
These rugs have fine traditional geometric patterns on solid background colors, generally in jewel tones. They tend to have velvety, plush piles and are very pliant (almost blanket-like) in texture. They are part of a very long tradition and heritage in various parts of Pakistan such as Multan, Kashmir, Hyderabad, Lahore and surrounding areas of the northeast region.
- Knot count: Over 200 knots per square inch
- Colors in each rug: 5-8 jewel toned colors
- Composition: 100% wool on a cotton warp and weft. Some rugs will have touches of silk to outline the design. In addition, some specialty pieces will be crafted with a large percentage of silk knots. This will be noted on the price tag as a bundle of silk costs considerably more than the price of wool.
- Type of knot: Senna
- Production: A 9'x12' rug could be completed in 9-10 months by four to five experienced artisans working five to six hours a day.
Chobi rugs are traditionally produced in many regions of Pakistan. The word "chobi" is from the Farsi word "chob" which means wood, referring to the source of its natural dyes. Our Chobis tend to have large geometric floral patterns. They are all hand-knotted with hand-spun wool spun primarily by a drop spindle. Their natural dyes are made entirely from hand-gathered fruits, vegetables, roots, tree barks and dried shells, making Chobis the most labor-intensive of all of our tribal carpets.
Natural Dye Chobis are renowned for their lanolin-rich luster and stunning natural coloring. Their colors range from soft muted tans and browns to rich coppers, deep maroons, and sage greens. Our natural dyeing techniques have been refined over the years to ensure a natural dye that is steadfast, fade-proof and long-lasting.
- Knot count: Over 100 knots per square inch
- Colors in each rug: 4-7 naturally-dyed colors
- Composition: 100% hand-spun wool on a cotton warp and weft.
- Type of knot: Senna
- Production: A 9'x12' rug could be completed in 12–14 months, the same time it takes to produce a 9'x12' Persian however with a Chobi, over 70% of the labor done on these rugs happens before the rug actually reaches the loom, from spinning the wool by drop spindle to hand-gathering and producing the seasonal natural dyes.
Canada Shipping Policy
Customer Orders within Canada
You are required to pay a $50 deposit at the time of your order. If you purchase the carpet, your $50 deposit will be applied to the sale. If you choose not to purchase the carpet, your $50 deposit, less the cost of shipping to you and back to the sending store, will be returned to you. If the shipping costs incurred are greater than $50, you will be required to pay the balance.
Your rug will be shipped once the deposit has been received. Shipping times may vary and are not guaranteed.
Customer Orders to the US
You are required to pay a deposit equal to 25% of the value of the rug at the time of your order. If you purchase the carpet, your 25% deposit will be applied to the sale. If you choose not to purchase the carpet, your 25% deposit, less the cost of shipping to the US and back to Canada, will be returned to you. If the shipping costs incurred are greater than 25%, you will be required to pay the balance.
All shipping costs associated with the delivery of the rug will be your responsibility. Of course, all shipping charges will be waived if the rug arrives damaged.
Shipping times may vary and are not guaranteed due to possible customs issues, and unforeseen shipping delays.